Nantucket Briar

grama

I know in an earlier thread there was talk about Nantucket Briar. I ordered my original from WSP and love it. But they have d/c it and now have the 2004 version. OOB I am not real fond of it, not in wax yet. I saw where Natures Garden had it so I had to place an order with them and ordered their Nantucket Briar. I had emailed and asked about the version but they didn't know. Well, it is the 2004 version. Just from OOB I can't tell a big difference in Nature Garden and WSP. Just thought some may want to know.

Thanks for this thread! I had ordered the NB from NG and did not like it at all. I'm glad to know that there is something better. I'd like to try the one that you like grama.

I believe Grama said they discontinued the original one-which we all think was the best. It was very expensive tho if I remember correctly. I hoard my bottle also.

Glo

A Garden Eastward - think that is the name of it without looking, in Georgia has NB and she thinks it is probably the original one. Has 7 16oz bottles left. Thought I would try to order something from her and either get a free sample or probably just go ahead and order the full 16oz. Never was good at ordering samples. Guess that is why I have so many fo's. Which I like 99% of them and would wind up ordering the 16oz so just go ahead. Like I really need more. Just got in some from NG and got an order coming in from JS. It was raining Sat and didn't feel like working so the only thing left to do was order fo's:p

Will probably order tonight so will let you know when it comes in

I believe Grama said they discontinued the original one-which we all think was the best. It was very expensive tho if I remember correctly. I hoard my bottle also.

Glo

Thanks, That's what I thought she said, but I thought she also said the original could be obtained. Boy, I certainly did not like the bottle I got from NG a couple of months ago. I still have the test candle in my closet - never to burn again. lol

ForHisGlory - Don't know if it will be the original or not but the email from A Garden Eastward said they had it before 2004. I went ahead and ordered the 16oz size and got 3 free samples. Boy the shipping from Ludowici, GA to Glenwood GA was 10.32. Of course it is always more expensive to ship in GA than it is out of state. Will let you know when I get it.

ForHisGlory - Don't know if it will be the original or not but the email from A Garden Eastward said they had it before 2004. I went ahead and ordered the 16oz size and got 3 free samples. Boy the shipping from Ludowici, GA to Glenwood GA was 10.32. Of course it is always more expensive to ship in GA than it is out of state. Will let you know when I get it.

Thanks. It would be nice to know. When I opened the NG bottle and even poured and tested it - I knew my sister didn't wear that from Crabtree and Evelyn. lol

If she did, I was going to start praying for her - real quick! lol

I like the NG and WSP Nantucket Briar(s)....but I don't have anything to compare it to. I know I didn't have the original Crabtree & Evelyn next to me, but I did think the dupes smelled like I remembered it smelling?.

Is it the fo that changed in 2004 or the original Crabtree & Evelyn version itself?

Also, how was the original different...scent wise? Would love to know....also you will have to let us know how the oil from A Garden Eastward is....I really want to try the one that everybody prefers...it must be great.

EVe

A classic old-fashioned oriental accord with soft spice undertones on an amber, musk background.

That description that sounds more like the original.

The 2004 version says

Blend of Orchid, Musk, Bergamot, Patchouli, Light florals, a gorgeous, sophisticated, complex scent.

There is no similarity in the 2 - they are totally different in my opinion. Just hope AGE is the old one, if not I will have 3 16oz bottles of 2004:mad: