Lip Balm Ingredient Questions

DosGardenias23

Hi all, I'm ready to work on my own lip balm formulation, and I have some questions about ingredients...

First is coconut oil - Oils by Nature has four options, and I don't know which is best. There's fractionated coconut oil, 76 degree, 76 degree organic, and 92 degree. Which of these is best for lip balm?

Secondly is beeswax - I have a ton of beeswax I use for lotion bars, but it's yellow and smells of honey. For my lip balm I'd like something white and without any odor. Can anyone direct me to the best beeswax with these characteristics for lip balm?

Thanks so much to anyone who can give me some feedback on these questions!

Sarah

Thanks for your reply Scented. :) So what's the difference between the FCO and the 76 degree? What characteristics do they have?

The beeswax I already have is from Oils by Nature, it's the "white unrefined cera", but it smells really strongly of honey. I'm hoping to find one that has no odor - maybe the white bleached would be closer to what I need? LOL so many options...