solved the cookie cutter embed problem

Lin

Like so many other people, i to was having a problem useing cookie cutters and not getting good ones. I sometimes take my hurrican wax and pour extra into a glass bowl cause it pops right out when it gets hard so i thought maybe the embeds would come out like that( not exactley) useing just the glass they still stuck, so i took a piece of wax paper lined the glass pie pan poured the wax and when it set up inserted the metal cookie cutter, then stuck the pan in the fridge til cold. crossing my fingers as i took it out i just pulled the wax paper up slowly and the shapes popped right out then i just put the rest back in the wax pot to melt again. I made a half dozen hearts ive been trying to make seems forever but these came out PERFECT. Enjoy your next try. Lin

Before pouring wax into a glass pyrex dish, I spray Pam into it and wipe the excess with a paper towel. After it's set up, but still a little soft, I pull the whole sheet of wax out, set it on a cutting board and then use my cookie cutters.

Thanks for the waxed-paper tip. It'll come in handy when making chunks on a baking sheet. :smiley2: