Second attempt at Rustics

I made another one last night, left it in the mold all night and it unmolded beautiffly. I'll post a pic later. The problem is...there is one place on the candle where like the outer layer didn't stick to the candle core. I touched it and a piece of it fell off and you can see a space between it, what causes that? The rest of it is good. My first one did that too but I thought the fridge caused it, but no fridge this time, and it slid out of the mold real easy. It would be the part of the candle that is poured last as it sits in the mold. Any advice? TIA

I made another one last night, left it in the mold all night and it unmolded beautiffly. I'll post a pic later. The problem is...there is one place on the candle where like the outer layer didn't stick to the candle core. I touched it and a piece of it fell off and you can see a space between it, what causes that? The rest of it is good. My first one did that too but I thought the fridge caused it, but no fridge this time, and it slid out of the mold real easy. It would be the part of the candle that is poured last as it sits in the mold. Any advice? TIA

Do you tilt the mold and add the wax all the way to the bottom? You'll see what I mean when I post the pic, right now gotta take my mom to the Dr.

Your wax may have been just a bit too cool. Especially is it's so cool that air bubbles start making a foam on top as you pour. That happens to me occasionally.

I'm going to the gallery now to try to post a pic, take a look if you have time. I poke refeif holes, its that last layer giving me problems. Maybe my wax got to cool.