tealights

I was just going to post something right along these lines...

I actually made tealights using the TL wicks from CS. They started out burning ok, I thought maybe a little weak. After 5 1/2 hours they were still going and only 1/2 was gone. The flame bacame so weak an ant could have blown it out. :laugh2:

After doing a bit of reseach I found Premier 700, 705 & 710; CD&CDN 2&3; LX 8&10; ECO .2,.5 & 1 and HTP 13 & 31 are all suggested for tea lights.

I need to know which of these would be a hotter, larger flame than the TL.

TIA

Danielle

They last a fairly long time. My burn time is between 5-6 hours with a nice scent throw. The flame just right without drowning out or becoming a torch. I get my wicks pre-tabbed and extra long. I then buy extra wick tabs, so I get use the part of the wick that I cut off.

I have only been making tea-lights for about a year, but I have gotten a very good response on them so far. I have sold over 1000 tea-lights last year easily. I haven't added them to website yet, since we are looking at relocated and I will probably change my company name then.

HTH,

Kim

I use CD-3 with pure soy. They last 8-10 hours and I use the bigger plastic tealights

JennB...if you don't mind me asking, where do you get your larger plastic tealights. I received the one on the left as part of a gift set. It's a tick under 1" tall. The second one is the standard size and only size I've been able to find.

TIA

post-5681-139458440152_thumb.jpg