Help with ideas please....

TwinMom

Ooh me, me, me- I can help ya!! :D

I was in charge of the decs. For my hawaiian themed class reunion 2 years ago! ;)

Ok, first I bought these adorable ceramic flip flops that hold a tealight- they come with the tealights or you could make them, but the ones they give you worked out great, and then I just bought an extra bag in case they needed to be replenished.

I got them from oriental trading-you get like 4 or 6 in a pack for really cheap. I did 4 to a table that sat 8 people.

Everyone at the reunion thought they were adorable so we gave them away as prizes. ;)

Then I did some "drink" candles for special areas (for you that could be the sign in area, head table, etc), I made pina coladas, blue hurricanes, lava flows, etc.

I had tons of great ideas of things to make, but I was on a budget-darn it! LOL

You could make m&p guest sized shell soaps wrapped in tulle, then have those little ribbons with their names printed on them to tie-I have a pic of the soaps I made, but its on my home computer and I'm not at home.

You could also do small pillars or votive glass container candles and then place those inside a larger glass that has sand and shells at the bottom-you can usually get the sand and bags of shells at Walmart or any craft store.

You could also do pillars or jars with silk flower leis twisted around the bottoms-this idea is especially nice if they want white candles-it gives them some easy Hawaiian flair.

The possibilities are really endless for this, and this theme has become very popular for weddings. ;)

I also did some stuff for a hawaiian themed wedding, although I didn't get asked for candles or soaps, they did hire me to do up the guest book, the toasting glasses, the ring holder, and the wedding knife! They were adorable, if I do say so myself. You might mention that you could something like that for them (if you're so inclined) and you could PM and I'll tell ya (and show pics) how I did it all up really pretty. :)

What was really a cool idea at this wedding, is for their favors, they did little "margaritas in a pouch/envelope" they ordered them from where I don't know but it had all their wedding info printed on them and of course the directions to make the margarita-totally cute idea! :D

HTH

Hi..

just one more idea to add to your many great ones on here... check out martha stewart.com and do a search on bamboo candles. she has a video clip of making REALLY awesome candles with bamboo shoots. She gives instructions too.... they look so cute- i'm looking for an occasion to use these myself!! Good luck

great ideas :D

when I think of Hawaii (I'm in the UK and never been), I think of grass skirts, flower necklaces and drinks from coconuts :D

btw, thanks for that link to martha stewart, thats a brilliant site, going to spend the day going thru that. But best of all I'm struggling slightly with knitting at the moment, and when I drop I stitch, I have to either unpick it or drive to my mum, well martha stewart shows you how, so a big thankyou xx