scent question

I Have Something Strange Happening With My Candles I Dont Understand.t He First Time I Burn Them They Smell Great But After That They Dont Have Much Scent.im Using Pure Soy With 1 Ounce Of Scent Per Pound Of Wax.adding Scent At 175 And Pouring When Kinda Slushy

What brand of pure soy are you using? I'm willing to guess that you're probably NOT letting it cure long enough although you may need to increase your fragrance load. I myself like a "strong" fragrance throw so with almost all of my fragrance oils, I use the recommended max. per pound of soy wax. I'm not crazy about 1 oz. at all.

I used the EzSoy in the past and it will definitely hold a fragrance load of 1.5 oz pp. BUT it is definitely the type of wax that has to cure!! I used to use the Htp's but prefer the LX series now, but then again, everyone has a preference.

Im Using Ezsoy.i Think You Can Go Up To 1.5 Ounces With This Wax.htps Are The Only Ones Ived Tried Maybe Ill Get Some Other Kind And Try Those.what Do You Use?

Yup! I love the cd's and csn's..and I am sure the cdn's are great too, because they are a version of cd's but made special for vegetable based waxes.I am not crazy about 1oz.pp either in fact I have been playing around with adding th 1.5oz.It seems to be working ,I have strong throw in all of my testing.Hope things go better for ya! keep us posted!

Kimmeroo

Kimmeroo,

I agree with you completely. I know there's alot of candlemakers out there that will say 1.5 oz pp is "wasting" the fo's but I persoanlly don't agree with them. There is a big difference in the throws with that extra half ounce. All my customers rave about my candles and tell me all the time how strong they are compared to anything else on the market. I always test with the max. fragrance load recommended first and then go from there!!