Essence of Nature Swap Spoiler

Okay, here is what I had planned on sending you guys but... it is the most disgusting fragrance in the world, Chocolate Dipped Strawberries. I added two ounces of it with about 4 large tablespoons of pureed strawberries, 1 large tablespoon of Carambola, and 1/4 teaspoon of cocoa powder. Color is not what I wanted. Its the first one. The second is what I will be sending for you guys. It is scented with two ounces of Cucumber Melon FO (one of my favs) with about 3 tablespoons of pureed cucumber (no seeds or skin) and 1 tablespoon of Carambola. It smells amazing and lathers like a charm. I really think you guys will enjoy it. I have. Wait, swap that, the first is cucumber melon and the second is the Chocolate Dipped Strawberries.

post-6473-139458439929_thumb.jpg

post-6473-13945843993_thumb.jpg

They both look pretty good to me, considering it’s HP. I have not tried strawberries my self, yet, or any fruit, but have read where some people have had trouble with mold with strawberry purée. You might want to set them back for a test. I think if it is well puréed and not more than about 1 or 2 % (less water) added it should be ok, or at least I haven’t had any problems with mold … yet.

As for the cucumber, you can add the skin and seeds into your purée, at least I did. The skins will add a nice green tint to the soap and the lye breaks the finely puréed seeds down so nothing but a bit of fiber is left. Do make sure it is very finely ground.

They both look nice, and I think your packaging is very attractive. I’m looking forward to trying your soap.

Okay, is my soap ugly? I have really never sean pics of HP so I am not sure if its nice looking, ugly, or in between when compared to other HP soaps. To me, it looks pretty but then again, I made it and would defend it with my life.:laugh2: . I guess I am just feel like no one really cares for the way it looks because no one has posted except grandma arial. I am really looking for feedback and input on the way my soap looks.

Your soap is beautiful. It is rustic, but that seems to be the nature of HP. From what I have seen few can get the fine texture and vibrant colors with HP that can be created with CP, and it takes years of practice. Your HP is much nicer than my HP, so I am in no way insulting your soap. I am amazed that you can make HP so attractive with no more practice than you have had yet. I think a year from now we will be seeing some really spectacular soaps from you.

I think they look great. I like your textured-looking tops.

Stop being so self-concious about the looks of your soap. If people don't post, maybe it's because they are speechless. :) Keep posting pics... it proves you can do what you do!!!

I like the way you packaged your soap Adam! It looks nice.. can't wait to see how it turned out.

As far as no one posting.. you'll have that from time to time... I have been on the board every day for at least a little bit, and I missed this section all together for a few days.. sometimes it happens, I don't have time to post or comment, or whatever. Plus, it's hard to give feedback really based on pics.

Oh people post to the gallery in fits and starts - don't let that concern you in the least! What's funny is that in about 7 months you will get bumped and start getting comments THEN!

Your soaps look really nice and I'm sure you will get great feedback from the swappers. Bummer about the strawberries - but fruit just doesn't hold up (with the exception of tomato juice if you consider tomatoes a fruit).

Oh people post to the gallery in fits and starts - don't let that concern you in the least! What's funny is that in about 7 months you will get bumped and start getting comments THEN!

Your soaps look really nice and I'm sure you will get great feedback from the swappers. Bummer about the strawberries - but fruit just doesn't hold up (with the exception of tomato juice if you consider tomatoes a fruit).

Well, I am just glad to get a little feedback.

When I researched into making soap with a fruit, not just strawberries but fruit, I found that people just added one tbsppo. Thats what I did. It mixed in well and set up well. I thought all was well. No mold yet (had no idea it would until someone mentioned it). I think that if it were scented just strawberries it would have turned out much better. IMO, they are not near as ugly as they could be but smell just horrid. I will never, ever, ever, use a chocalate or chocolate related FO or product in soap, candles, etc again. They just do not smell pleasing at all to me.