Matte mess

Hi! :cheesy2: I am making my tarts with soy wax and vybar. I have made several batches (I'm new) and everything comes out fine except they are so lifeless. They aren't shiny at all. What am I doing wrong?

Also, I just bought these new tarts online. I really love them and want to recreate the scent. They smell like an old homestead fireplace, the ashes, the soot, the fire, the whole nine yards. I looked for something that might recapture this scent online but all I get are pine tree, spruce, hickory, etc...what on Earth did she use to get the smell of burnt embers and the slight smell of soot?!:confused: It's really wonderful.

Thanks for any advice or ideas.

Hi! :cheesy2: I am making my tarts with soy wax and vybar. I have made several batches (I'm new) and everything comes out fine except they are so lifeless. They aren't shiny at all. What am I doing wrong?

Also, I just bought these new tarts online. I really love them and want to recreate the scent. They smell like an old homestead fireplace, the ashes, the soot, the fire, the whole nine yards. I looked for something that might recapture this scent online but all I get are pine tree, spruce, hickory, etc...what on Earth did she use to get the smell of burnt embers and the slight smell of soot?!:confused: It's really wonderful.

Thanks for any advice or ideas.

That scent I think you're talking about is

Campfire smoke from Bittercreek North.

Smell like smoke from burning camp fire. at first it reminded me of old musky attic with smoke. LOL

HTH

Meg

Hi new2! Could we back up for a minute... What soy wax are you using? How much FO are you adding? Why are you using vybar (what condition were you trying to correct)?

Soy wax is pretty opaque by nature. While it can have a shiny appearance (especially pillar and votive blends), it's usually kinda matte... Do you have a picture perhaps that shows what's bothering you?