rustics wax & wick

I see where most of you are using 1343 for rustics. Is that the IGI 1343 that BCN has? I want to try my hand at these, using a 3 or 3.5" mold, where is a good place to start with the wick? Hopefully its one that I have. But I have to order the wax and I will order wicks at the same time, if I need to. I see where some use the LX. I have CD, ECO and Zinc and I think CDN (I don't even remember what those were for) :shocked2: Will any of those work as starters? Thanks so much.....I hope to have these perfected by next Christmas!

Nope, my wax doesn't come from BCN.

Probably start with zinc out of the choices that you have. You don't list size.

Variety of wicks and FO and amount of additive tends to play a part in what size to use. Go by manufacture's suggestion and go up a size and down a size. Square braid, flat ply, LX and even zinc work just fine.

I make 3" rustics almost all the time, and I use 1343 wax with steric and use 24 flat ply wicks with 3" dia molds and they burn beautifully. the melt pool is perfect, doesn't quite get out to the edge, leaves a nice size rim of wax around the melt pool and no blow-outs.