t-lite molds from CandleWic

I don't have the 100 one but I find the 15 one a perfect size. A 24 size I think would be awesome as I only sell them in dozens and I always have 6 left over from my 2 molds if i pour them full. I am thinking the big one would be a little awkward to handle for the most part. JMO

Hey Guppppp, you know I need another mold. Not sure I want to get the big one cause it may be too big. Wish someone who has one would stop in and let me know what it's like.

Sag_77, I agree a t-lite with 24 would be perfect. Maybe I'll see if they could have one of those made since they say they are custom made. I'll let you know what they say.

I went ahead and ordered the 15 mold one but called and asked if they would change it to a 24 count one. Since they special order, don't think it will work but we'll see. Also said a lot of other candle makers would like to see a 24 size. Hope they change their minds.

OK, I will admit my brain is not yet functioning for the day. This might also produce great amusement, but..... why would you want a tealight mold? Am I missing something. From what I saw at candlewic it actually looks like a mold you have to take the wax out of at the end. I have never seen a tealight not in a metal or plastic cup.

I am sure after I hit "post" the light will come on, but for now.... please explain! LOL :laugh2:

OK, I will admit my brain is not yet functioning for the day. This might also produce great amusement, but..... why would you want a tealight mold? Am I missing something. From what I saw at candlewic it actually looks like a mold you have to take the wax out of at the end. I have never seen a tealight not in a metal or plastic cup.

I am sure after I hit "post" the light will come on, but for now.... please explain! LOL :laugh2:

The only reason why I want one is because I'm such a messy and impatient pourer. Everytime I pour in the cups I have it slopped all over. Takes more time to try and get it off than they are worth making. I hope this helps.

If you are pouring lots of tealights at once I find the molds quicker, for the same reason as Sharon. Once they are cool YES you then put your wick in the hole and place them in either your plastic or tin cup. All done no mess and the outside of the cups look like new not like you have scraped wax off them. HTH

I bought one of the 15 tealight molds. I bought it because like Sharon I'm also messy pourer and have a heck of a time with those little cups but I have not gotten this thing down at all..

It says to take the metal pins out while the wax is still warm. I don't know how to do it properly. It cools so fast that I can never seem to get them out smoothly then I put them in the cups - upside down there is a small ring on the bottom from the mold design - rightside up it's slightly cracked where the wick pin came out. Zap them with a heat gun they look great except for the wick 'cause all the wax coating melted off. Maybe I'm just a fuss pot perfectionist - or maybe it's because I'm using the soy pillar wax. Maybe they work better with straight parrafin.

I bought plastic boxes that hold 10 tealights so that helps with the odd number on the 15.

I couldn't imagine trying to work with the 100 count but I guess once you got the technique down it would probably be great way to crank 'em out.

Personally I'm thinking of just selling the mold and working on my pouring technique. :confused:

Personally I'm thinking of just selling the mold and working on my pouring technique. :confused:

Let me know I might be ready for another one by then.....

I am concerned about the wicking pins cause the ones that came with my other molds were nothing but nails and I never could get them straight.

Here is a tip for working with the Candlewic Tea light molds - when they are new, clean off the pins with soap and water and then spray with a clear polyurethane or other sealant. Then, before you pour each time, give the whole mold and wick pin assembly a shot of spray release.

If you also make votives with wick pins, you can use your votive wick pins in tealight cups to make a tealight ready for a wick assembly.

The advantage of these methods is the perfectly centered wick...not to mention the ability to easily produce in bulk as mentioned earlier!