Old Friends Revisited

GrandmaArial

The first is “Goat’s in the Garden” done in the tray mold. I made this batch a month ago, getting ready to pack them. I really like the way the tray mold looks, though I am having a little trouble getting an even gel with it. Also, learning to cut with it has been a new experience. So every time I use it the bars come out different sizes. I can not not gel… so it is dark, but still.. I think attractive. And it smells so good! This is my last batch of Goat’s in the Garden til spring and my garden thaws out.

The second is the new and improved “24 Carrot Gold”. Done in the tray mold, I used a larger portion of batter for swirling, colored with gold mica, with a light dusting of mica on top. I changed the scent, too, to “Red Egyptian Musk” (thank you Donna). This is the only FO I have found that I really like, all by it’s self. This one needs no help, completely stand alone, it is sultry, seductive, sensuous.

post-7822-139458439425_thumb.jpg

post-7822-139458439427_thumb.jpg

Thank you everyone! I have to admit I am pleased with the 24 carrot gold. It looks luxurious, and the red musk is perfect for it I think. I love what carrot does to soap, and if this batch comes out feeling as nice as previous batches it is going to be particularly special with the musk. I think I am finally starting to develop a line of good for your skin luxury soaps. I can’t wait til this one is old enough to use.