Emulsified Body Butter

Devil Woman

Hi everyone I made this stuff about two weeks ago I think and the night I made it it looked wonderful, like it was suppose to I think, nobody every answered my post on the original thread. But anyway my problem is I tried it tonight for the first time after making it and when I stuck my finger in it to get some out it was kind of grainy then this liquid started coming out. I mixed it up some with my finger and it has a bunch of liquid in it. What did I do wrong? Can someone shed some light on this for me. Everyone that tried it, three or four people I work with loved it right after it was made. Help please I want to make more but I want it to be right.

Thanks everyone,

Devil Woman

Hi Cindy,

This is the recipe I used, it is the one you posted but I made the modified version that CatlinPM posted on the original post, because I had all of the ingredients.

15.6 ozs Water

1.5 ozs Palm Steric

1.5 ozs Beeswax (That's what I had)

7 ozs Olive OIl

.5 ozs castor oil

2.5 ozs shea butter

.5 ozs cocoa butter

.20 ozs coconut oil

.3 ozs FO Gardenia

.10 ozs Vit E

.15 ozs cornstarch

Can you shed any light on this??? I am going to try your version has soon has I get all the ingredients, Christmas killed my fundage.

Thanks for your help,

Devil Woman

Hi Cindy,

This is the recipe I used, it is the one you posted but I made the modified version that CatlinPM posted on the original post, because I had all of the ingredients.

15.6 ozs Water

1.5 ozs Palm Steric

1.5 ozs Beeswax (That's what I had)

7 ozs Olive OIl

.5 ozs castor oil

2.5 ozs shea butter

.5 ozs cocoa butter

.20 ozs coconut oil

.3 ozs FO Gardenia

.10 ozs Vit E

.15 ozs cornstarch

Hey there, as far as the graininess goes, it may have been the shea, was it still warm when you added the cornstarch? I think you may have more luck with E-Wax instead of Beeswax. Also wondering if it was whipped long enough and completely cooled before you covered it. I say give it another shot. Sounds to me like it just did not emulsify.

Okay, wanted to let you know that I did try this again last night at work, using all the original ingredients and it came out fabulous. Nice & light, no water so far anyway. I am going to check it again before I go to work. I scented it with Pear Vanilla and used a little green mica. This one is so light and fluffy. Thank-you so much for this recipe Cindy and the help, you to SpaceGirl

Devil Woman

I will let you know how it is in the morning after sitting for 24 hours, keep your fingers crossed.