Fragrance oil with a color?

I just experienced a first for me. I add no dye to my soy candles, all white. I just tried a new fragrance from a new company. Out of the bottle, the scent was terrific. I made a small batch to test wicks and throw. Much to my surprise, the candle is setting up a golden yellow. I saw nothing on the website indicating color in the fragrance. I made 2 more batches with 2 other scents - these are white.

Do some fragrance oils change the color of the wax?

Thanks!

Brenda

The heavier oils usually have a deeper natural color to them & that color will set in the wax. I've poured a Gardenia that sets up very yellow & most of the vanillas will pull a tanish color. Keep that in mind if you're trying to get a different color. If you're working w/ an oil that appears deep yellow & you want to end up w/ pink or green, that yellow is going to throw everything off. That's when you pull out the color wheel, or work w/ the natural color of the oil.

Susan.

I have found this on several occasions, although mine tends to turn green but only when it has been burning for a while...it only seems to happen with ecosoya waxes and natures gardens scents though... remains a mystery to me, but i just change waxes for any candles I want to make using ng scents.

Interesting. My fragrance oil was Nature's Garden (which I had never used before). I know many of you really like NG, but we haven't had any luck. There is absolutely no scent throw. Besides the color of the candle, this was a big disappointment for me.