tins vs. hexagon jars

momtohaley2004

If you have ever worked with these, what are your experience with these? I want to expand my line to include these, but don't know which to include...one or both. Would appreicate the good and bad with both. Mainly what I was thinking with the tins though is that if they get wet at a craft show if it rains then wouldn't they rust? Considering 6 and 9 oz hexagon and 6 and 8 oz tins.

Hmmm, in my area "everyone" does hex jars so I try to stay away to be different. Here people love the contemporary look of tins. The issue I've had with them is that some FOs discolor the inside of the tin so as it burns it leaves a rusty looking residue. But people get over it since they like the tins. The good thing with tins is that they're relatively forgiving to wick and they don't show as much frosting as the sides are not see through. If you use a clear window tin with a clear label on top it looks really classy.

-Kristi