Shrink wrap or not?

MichelleOH

I know this going to sound silly but this has happened to me. When I first started selling my pillars I didn't wrap them..they were naked. They sold really well. Then I decided to shrink wrap them to protect them from fingerprints and such. Since I have wrapped them my sales have been down. Should I blame the shrink wrap? I'm thinking about going back to "naked" pillars. Has this happened to anyone else or what are your thoughts. Am I crazy?:confused:

Maybe people can't really smell them through the shrink wrap? With my soaps that I shrink wrap, I punch two holes with the hole puncher before slipping the soap in and shrinking, that may help??

Also, I think the shrink wrap takes away from seeing the true texture of the candle, and maybe people think they look store bought rather than handmade in the wrap??? Just a thought.

I'd definitely go back to the "naked" look if they sold better that way. :wink2: