Wick Question

Can anyone tell me if a 62 cotton is comparable to the Low Smoke Zinc #17? I need to order more of the #17's but WSP shipping is a killer for small orders. Thanks in advance . .

Brenda, I'm test burning a pillar right now to see what happens. I use the low smoke 17's in these normally, so put in a 62 cotton to see how differently they burn. I'll let you know tomorrow what type of difference I see, after I can get through 2 to 3 burns.

DanaE

Hey Thanks Dana ~ I recently placed an order with WSP and over looked needing the LS #17 wicks. :undecided I checked shipping for the wicks alone and I think I will look for other alternatives before ordering just them. I do have the 62 cotton on hand and I am thinking that they should be comparable. Let me know how your pillar does . . I appreciate your help :wink2:

Brenda, what wax do you use? I use the low smoke 17's in my OK6228 pillars. So far, the burn is not going very well. The 62 C's are burning maybe 1-1/2" of the 3" pillar; the shell is way too thick. I let it burn about 5 hours and then blew it out. I'll relight it in an hour or two and let it burn for another 4 hours or so and see what happens. If it's another pillar wax, you may be okay. Only the OK6228 seems to need a huge wick.

DanaE

Ah, okay. Well, it looks like the 62C isn't quite as hot as the LS17, but you could give it a try and test one. I definitely wouldn't be able to substitute this wick in an emergency, which is a shame. Since my wax is so much harder, you may have better luck wicking the jars than I do wicking the pillars.

DanaE