Double wicking help...

Kimmeroo, CSNs are wicks that CandleScience had Wedo design for them to distribute for use with their palm waxes. CDNs (Stabilo KSTs) are manufactured by Heinz-Verhaegh and are identical to CDs (Stabilo) except they have been treated to resist acids commonly found in veggie wax candles. For wick comparisons, I frequently refer to the WickIt site, as they have information for a wide range of wick types and sizes. ;) As for the CSNs, check out CandleScience's wick guide... I took a guess at the jar diameter and came up with a CSN 12...

Arlene, I am at a loss to make anything but a guess because I have the 8 oz and 14 oz. size Metro jars, but no 10 oz. so I can't run measure the diameter :undecided . My guess would be to start with a CDN 12 and see what happens. Because these pretty jars are taller than they are wide, they can be problematic during the last half of the burn, so be sure to test 'em all the way down. HTH :)

Oh Kimmmeroo...now I'm gonna be flipping through channels for the rest of the day looking for that informercial...lol. I'm tempted to buy one just to see how it burns. The Fil-tech wicks are used commercially. Maybe those?

Stella...thanks for the suggestion. I think I'll wait on fighting that jar again. But I will keep it in mind.

There is SOOOO much info here on wicking palm. It is NOT the bugger that people have made it out to be! The problem comes because people expect the wax to behave the same as paraffin or soy and it ain't gonna. It's properties are different, so the expectations of it need to follow that and not properties of other waxes.

I use the same wicks for palm wax as I do for soy with no problems. ;)

Hi Stella!

I just posted pics of the gg I made today..I am going to test burn the green one tonite! I went w/ a csn 14 instead of 12 but if it is a torch I will switch it out to a 12.

I too believe palm isn't the "bugger" ppl claim..I think alot of us chandlers just want to make it right(or as right as it can be)!;)

I so much appreciate your knowledge and your patience for all of us that just plain can't understand certain things sometimes...I know I get into little ruts and it is just easier to ask sometimes.

So Cheers to you Stella and all the wonderful ppl here on this board that make it the most invaluable place on the internet for a chandler!:highfive:

Kimmeroo