Wick Suggestions

I am testing Taylored concepts container blend with a 7oz Status Rock jar. These jars are straight sided and have an opening of about 3.5 inches. I have tried a 51z, 60z and 62z. The 51 was too cool and the 60 and 62 were too hot. I also tried double wicking with a 36z, which seems to burn too fast. I do have sample packs of the Cotton and HTP wicks, but I have very little experience with them, so if someone feels that they would work better could you give me a starting point? I have NEVER had a problem with wicking like I am having now and its getting very frustrating!

TIA-Mashala

Shala

I use HTP wicks and have tested them in the keepsake jars, which are also 3 1/2" in dia. In my straight soy, I used double HTP73 and HTP83 and HTP93. So for the container blend, I would try a couple of sizes down and start with a double HTP62. I also have a slab of the container blend that I have poured one candle out of and a slab of their parasoy that I have poured a few candles out of. Am really loving the hot throw from these waxes. Still have a lot of testing to do as I am testing 8 oz sq masons and like you, trying to find the right wick or wick combo that doesn't soot on me. Keep us posted on your results.

Thank you both for the suggestions. I will definatly try them.

Kerry, I too am very happy with this wax. The cold and hot throw have been good so far and if I could find a wick I'm sure the hot throw would be even better.

Again, thanks for the help and I will let you know how it goes!:D