What is wrong w/ this FO??

beau's mama

All my FO's are in a fridge on 1.5. None of the others have ever done this. It's TSW's Amour de Cocao. My veggie oils solidify, but never my fo's, not even the pure vanillas.

I know it's some kind of crystalization, but I'm wondering once it thaws out, will it effect my FO? It smells fine, but this is just weird b/c it's only at the bottom :undecided

TIA

post-5496-139458438981_thumb.jpg

Yep, you will get that is some scents containing vanilla. I have that with a few of my scents. There is a chemical in some scents called benzyl benzoate and it crystalizes in the cold. Sometimes even after a warm water bath and the crystals disolve back in, you may still notice a seperation in the oils which may look like two layers of colors. It then is necessary to shake before using. None of this harms the fragrances in any way and is just something we deal with in cold weather shipping. You can always keep those fragrances out of the chill and order enough before cool weater sets in if the seperation is something you wish to avoid.

Thanks everyone. I did the warm water bath thingy, and the crystals did dissolve...then I noticed that the crystals were surfacing to the top of my soap mold after I poured the soap :shocked2: . Thank goodness for M&P! I let it form a skin of crystals & just removed it.

This fo is so damn awesome I don't even care about the extra trouble!