troubles

I use NG's Joy wax and been having some problems. I ordered a new case of Joy in November and after testing to make sure it performs as usual it did not. I had a lot of black soot and there was a lot of wax left on the sides of the jar. I have been using Joy for over a year. So I called NG and they sent me another case the beginning of this month and I'm having the same problems. I've added Crisco to see if it would make a difference and it made the wax thicker and I had more wax left in the jar. Then I tried adding straight paraffin and it seems to be working but no scent throw. Does anybody know if I can add votive blend wax to it?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Gatinha

Could it be something to do with the wicks somehow I wonder? You using new wicks or a new batch of wicks I wonder? I searched Google and found a post in this forum, where someone was wondering if they got a bad batch of wicks because they had soot where they didn't before. http://www.candletech.com/cgi-local/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Discussions;action=print;num=1074230291

Could it be something to do with the wicks somehow I wonder? You using new wicks or a new batch of wicks I wonder? I searched Google and found a post in this forum, where someone was wondering if they got a bad batch of wicks because they had soot where they didn't before. http://www.candletech.com/cgi-local/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Discussions;action=print;num=1074230291

I use different wicks for my jars and tins and they are the same wicks I've used for the last few months so I don't think my problem comes from the wicks but thanks for the thought.