ICS Pink Sugar Tunneling Very Quickly - Wick Up or Down

:undecided I'm test burning C3 with Pink Sugar. I'm using an ECO10 which is what works with most FO's in my jar - 16oz mason. When I lit the Pink Sugar the flame was burning nicely but within 5 minutes had tunneled about 1/2" deep by 1" wide.....

Since this is really my first tunneling event - I'm not sure if I should wick up or down......

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

Hi Stella:

Thanks for the quick reply.....

Largest part of jar is 2 3/4" Opening is 2 1/2"

I don't think the room temp is any different than normal. I actually am testing three new scents....all in the same jar size.

ICS Pink Sugar and ICS HoneyDew pretty much did the same thing, tunneling after about 3 minutes with ECO10

The ICS Aloha pineapple is burning nicely even a little slow with an ECO10.

The pink sugar and honeydew only burned about 5 minutes before I blew them out because of the tunneling. At that point the depth of the tunnel was about 1/2". I can try burning longer but I'm having heatgun stress since mine burned up last night and I'm waiting for a new one to arrive.....those tunnels are going to be tough to get out without my trusty gun ;)

If the wick is too small in ICS Pink Sugar, it'll usually burn itself out after awhile. It seems like every new bottle of that stuff wicked differently for me each time I got a new bottle in. I finally gave up after having issues with wicking 100% tested candles last winter and switched to peaks. I love ICS pink sugar but it wasn't worth the headache for me.

If they're tunneling, you'd want to wick up not down.

Light it, put it on a table and forget about it for 2.5-3 hours. Patience is a virtue.

I've had some awesome burning candles turn very bad the last 1/2 of 1/4 of the jar before. It pays to test them all the way to the bottom. Especially this FO.

You may want to double wick...I had to w/pink sugar(bc)when I used to use c-3 had to double wick or mine tunneled immediately also.I just let it go and it never straightened itself out.I used th extra wax in my melter.(for tarts).Good luck...

Kimmeroo