Tiny bubbles in pillars?

I made a pair of pillars today, and they seem to be full of very tiny bubbles. Not only on the surface, but all the way through. I used 1274, 3 tbsp stearic and FO, and I poured at around 175. I did tap the mold a few times to be sure that there were no bubbles, but to be honest, I'm not absolutely sure that they are bubbles. Does 1274 produce such tiny snowflakes?

Any ideas????

Oh, it occurred to me that you didn't say how much FO you used. If you didn't use enough, the candle won't mottle. Also, peeps usually pour at 180 deg. or higher for good mottling.

Because 1274 is a straight paraffin, it's not uncommon to see zillions of tiny bubbles inside when the pillar isn't rustic or mottled.

I used the usual 1oz per pound of Pumpkin Pie FO. The weird thing is that the middle layer mottled just fine, and does not have that very fine snowflake look. This candle thing just frustrates me - sometimes it seems that you're nailing it with really beautiful candles, then some variable pops up that confuses the heck out of you. I always use the same formula, and try and keep everything I do constant, but sometimes even that doesn't seem to produce consistent results. Go figure?!?!?........

Edited to say: I posted a pic in the gallery...

Well, good news and bad news.

Good news is I've seen that before. It was with a pillar that had a partial mottle, and everyplace it did mottle there were no bubbles at all. Anyplace it didn't mottle, even just in little areas, there were bubbles.

The bad news is, I no longer remember what I did to cause it. At the time I did figure that out because I made a second identical pillar immediately afterwards and succeeded in getting rid of it.

I think it probably was related to the pour temperature. At what temp did you pour those layers? I'm guessing too cool. The middle layer is different because it went through a different temperature cycle, sandwiched between the other two.