Adding eggs to shampoo bar/liquid soap?

CBE

Years ago, and I'm talking years....lol, I would use this product called Rum and Egg Shampoo. I don't remember if it was made by Queen Helene or Wella. Anyway, this was the best shampoo ever, and it smelled sooooo good, the smell was sorta like egg nog. This shampoo gave so much body and volume to my hair. I used to only find it at Sally's Beauty Supply, but over the years, they simply did away with it. I've been on a search to find it again, but I've come up with nothing. The only thing I can find now is Queen Helene Egg Yolk Masque. :( My question is.....

Has anyone tried adding eggs to a shampoo bar or liquid soap? What would be best, adding REAL eggs or dehydrated egg powder?

Ihave read about egg soap. I haven't tried it.

Here's one of the recipes I found awhile back, I don't remeber where i found it so I can't give credit.

10 ounces Palm Oil

4 ounces Coconut Oil

2 ounces Olive Oil

2 ounces lye

8 ounces water

3-4 egg yolks to weigh 2 ounces.

Mix lye and water. Set aside to cool. Melt Palm and Coconutoils together,set aside to cool. When oils are at 110* and lye water is at 100*, gently pour lye into oils. Mix until soap traces. Mix egg yolks and olive oil together. Carefully mix traced soap mixture into egg and oil mix, stir carefully. Continue until approx 4 ounces of soap have been mixed into the egg and oil. Add the egg and soap mixture slowly back into the main soap mix, pour into prepared moulds, allow to stand covered and out of drafts for 48 hours. Remove form moulds, cut as needed, and allow to age open to air, 2-3 weeks.

Of course I would use my favorite recipe and just add the egg yolks. Egg yolk has a lot of sulfur in them so should work as an anti bacterial, but then, eggs do go bad and that's not a good thing, LOL. I would beat the yolks with the hand mixer to make sure any trace of white is broken down and incorporated as completely as possible so you don't wind up with little lumps of coagulated protein. And no reason you can't add rum. I would add the egg yolks to the oils. and beat with handblender really good before adding the lye water.Might be best to cook at least a portion of the alcohol off before adding rum. Just simmer on a VERY low heat until it's about 50% left. Simple reduction. I wouldn't use a high alcohol rum for this either. For safety reasons. Any excess alcohol will evaporate as it cures. I'm not sure

how alcohol will affect the soap it's self, alcohol is used to make glycerin soap. The reduced rum could make it accelerate, most rums contain significant spices, then of course there is the sugars in it.

I have never done this, this is only my thoughts on it. Anyone with experence please corect my bad assumptions before I just have to give in and do it.