Storing Palm Wax

I have some star burst and glass glow stored in an enclosed porch off the back of my home, with no heat. I'm guessing it gets around 40 out there. Do you think this will be a problem for this type of wax? I looked on CS's site and don't see anything about recommended temps for storing the wax. Thanks!:undecided

I have some star burst and glass glow stored in an enclosed porch off the back of my home, with no heat. I'm guessing it gets around 40 out there. Do you think this will be a problem for this type of wax? I looked on CS's site and don't see anything about recommended temps for storing the wax. Thanks!:undecided

Larry, this wax is relatively new - just introduced this summer - so no one here has had their wax "wintered over." Just give Candle Science a call - they would know the best!

Larry and Judy.... I talked to CS a few weeks ago and they didn't think that letting the palm wax sit out in the cold would be harmful to the wax. Just make sure you warm it up slowly in your house or shop before you use it. As long as there isn't any moisture getting in the wax should be fine. It can get way below zero here and they didn't think that would affect it any. But,having said that,I would call em up and ask em just to be sure.

Mike

I think it is best practice to store wax at reasonable temps between 50°-80°. Freezing shouldn't harm the wax, but my concern is condensation when going from a cold outdoor environment to the warmth of your work area. This cannot be helped and the wax would need to remain in the warmer environment for many hours to allow it to "thaw" and any condensation to evaporate. Seems a lot easier to store it inside so you don't have to wait! I try to store my wax where I will be using it so it is at the same temperature as the surrounding environment when I melt it. :2cents: