Need your H.O. On wicks

I'm no expert, & I have yet to use either wick type, though I have samples of both. I take that back, I have used zinc a couple of times.

Zinc is well known to be a cooler burning wick. It has a nice flame. It also has the reputation of being somewhat smokey. Some suppliers offer smokless zinc wicks, but I don't know who they are.

I've used HTP for my containers & almost always I have flamethrowers & sooting on my glassware & ceiling, which is why I'm now experimenting w/ other wick types.

HTH or at least gets you started in your wick research.

I personally don't care for the zinc wicks. They smoke quite a bit and I think they mushroom like a beotch. I use mainly LX but still use the CDs or RRD's once in a while. I guess it really depends on which wax you use as to how your wick's going to perform because there are many people who love the zincs and hate the wicks I use...so you see...it's very subjective.

Zinc wicks are so retro. Just a lead-free 7 day votive wick, lol. It goes back to the days when square braid, plaited, and metal core is all we had.

Personally I go for wicks that burn everything they soak up instead of throwing it into the air or accumulating a blob on the tip. We have better alternatives now so hopefully these will be gone soon.