Wicks for Ecosoya CB Advanced and Ecosoya PB

I am new to making candles. I purchased these two Ecosoya blends. For votive candles I bought German Coreless LX 12 wick and for the larger candles (about 2-3 inches diameter, container or pillars) I bought LX 22. I have tried many different candles and the only candles I have had success with burning were the votives or some tiny candles I made, something like tealights. In the larger container candles, no matter what diameter, they burn really nice when I first light them and then after a couple of hours I start having problems. These wicks are self-trimming and if I burn the candles longer and there is a lot of liquid, they seem to trim themselves too short and if I turn the candle off, and try to light later, the wick is very brittle, it either breaks off or just doesn't burn very well. That is for both kinds of wicks, any diameter candle. The smaller diameter have a lot of liquid and the larger (3 inches) end up having a hole, even with the lx 22. I do not use any additives (scent or color). Does anyone have experience with how these lx wicks work with these Ecosoya blends, what could I be doing wrong, or should I use different wicks?

I am currently using both of those waxes and have determined that the LX wicks just don't perform very well with them, I use ECO's. I would try an ECO 6 in your 2" - 3" containers and a 4 in your votives.

I've burned containers and votives all day using these wax/wick combos and have never had to trim the wick or had any problems relighting the candles the next day.

I use CB 135 and have great luck with eco wicks. I double wick anything over 3". In an 8oz jj or tumbler smaller than 3" I've found that a 8 works really well with just about any scent. I do have to wick up on th heavier scents like vanilla's and cinnamons though. I've also tested CD wick and seem to have nice success with those also, but I have a ton of eco's so that's what I primarily use.

Paige

Most large candle supply companies carry ECO wicks and ECO wick assemblies. You can always check with your main supplier or a company nearby. You may be able to even purchase a sample pack or request free samples.

I purchase all my wicks from www.candlewic.com in PA and they will send you free samples of multiple wick types and sizes if you email them a request.