can you use?

mcornwell

I remember seeing a couple threads in the past on making whipped soap with a mixer. Do a search… I don’t remember much about it except someone was using a kitchen aid stand mixer, and it was done cold. I would worry about splash from a mixer. And a stand mixer… the bowl is so small, would be a very small batch of soap…

euginia has said she no longer uses her stick blender at all, just soaps at room temperatures using a whisk. It gives her more time to mess with things. I seem to remember she posted a great tutorial on it awhile back.

If you decide to use a hand mixer for soaping I would suggest (besides being very very careful of splashing) only using it til the oils and lye water are incorporated then switch to a whisk so you don’t wind up with fluffy soap (unless you want fluffy soap, in which case try it and let us know how it works). Do be careful of splashes though. I know I always get a lot of tiny droplets spattered around my kitchen when I use my mixer. Cake batter just wipes up but raw soap can be nasty stuff… remember lye is one of the main ingredients in paint strippers.