Newbie Supplier Help

HI, relatively new to candle making, have some experience - but really want to step it up.

Does anyone know any suppliers of Soy Wax in Upstate NY? trying to save on shipping costs, and all the supplier links I have found here are for NYC. I live in the Albany/Saratoga region.

Thanks!

The closest soy wax supplier to you might just be http://www.thenaturalartisan.com/ in NH. A few hours east on the Mass Pike from you, and the gas cost would probably be the same as shipping. I know the trip well, and just was out that way to come home this past Thanksgiving.

I live in Maine and I was willing to drive as far as north NJ if I had to, to get soy wax, since my parents live there I would just visit them as well. I couldn't find anywhere and was thankful to find out there was a place right in NH to pick it up at. If you know of a wax you want to use, call the company and ask them if they know of anywhere.

I live in upstate NY but not as far as Albany. I buy from PA - candlewic and candlesandsuppplies. Both carry Cargil Soy waxes and candlesandsupplies carries Ecosoya and Golden Brand as well. I've actually driven to pick up some of my PA orders but I'm 20 minutues from the PA border although it's still a good 1-1/2 hour to candlesandsupplies.

As far as shipping both suppliers cut you a break if you ship to a commercial address. So if you can have your wax shipped to work that's a help.

Also a good Jar Supplier in thejarstore in CT - they also carry c-3 soy I think. And you can get tins and some jars through sks-bottle - they're upstate.

A lot of the people I know from NJ and NY who make candles buy from the PA suppliers candlewic, candlesandsupplies, and fillmore. I wish I knew more Upstate suppliers.

Welcome to the board.

HTH,

J