ISO Fresh(not mulled) Apple Cider FO

Cissy

I have spent so much $$$ and time trying to find the perfect cider FO. Before I started candlemaking, I use to put fresh apple cider, slices of fresh orange, cinnamon sticks, and cloves in a simmering pot and my house smelled sooooo wonderful during the holidays. I ordered a bottle of WYW and BCN regular line of mulled cider and really dislike a mulled scent. I have a bottle of Fresh Apple FO from BCN I bought first of this year, but it has turned rancid. I already have cinnamon, clove, orange FO's, so could blend this myself if I could just find a great apple. I have CS's McIntosh apple, but just don't like the McIntosh scent. Where can I find the best tart, fresh red apple FO to blend or a fresh apple cider that will smell close to the blend I use to put in my simmering pot?

I blend my own, but make it more of a cinnamon cider as I dislike the citrus part, lol, but I am sure you could make your own! I use a Cinna-crunch, and Bert's Apple Cinnamon, which to me is more of a fresh apple cider smell more than a cinnamon apple smell...to me this makes an awesome cider!! :cheesy2:

Thanks, both of you. These FO's sound similar to what I'm searching for. I did try a Cinnamon Cider from another supplier and liked it ok, but not exactly what I was looking for and it didn't last long enough in tarts, even at a high FO load and with a low wattage warmer that didn't burn the FO off quickly. I'll have to give these two suppliers a try.

Thanks for all the tips. I'm placing a wax order with CS Monday and will try

the Spiced Wassail 1 oz. I will also try the Apple Juice at BCN on my next order. I haven't yet ordered from Bluegrass or Just Scent, so haven't tried those. Debra, I do have some green apple from Snowtop I've had for a long while. Hope it's not too old. Now, to find it in my mountain of FO's I don't use. I really should post the newest FO's I'm not using in the classifieds. I think if I can just find a great apple FO I really like to blend with FO's I already have, I would have the fresh apple cider scent I'm ISO. I should have started getting my formula down pat before BCN's Fresh Apple turned rancid on me.

I won't drag around next year 'til the last minute lining up more fall and Christmas scents as I did this year. I've settled for a few scents to add I'm not thrilled with until I find better ones to replace them. Always trying to improve and find the "best" does get costly. I'm just too darn picky. I suppose I'd better start in January working on my 2008 Christmas scents.(LOL)