Soap won't come out of individual molds

fabulousfunfur

I made a batch of shampoo bar soap 2 days ago....

I put it in individual molds.....the cheap plastic kinds.....with 5 mold spots.....and 2 days later, when I wanted to take them out........they wouldn't come out.....They were too sticky still...........

So I had to take it all out, now it's just one play-doh looking mess........

what can I do? Melt it to a certain degree and try again, spraying the molds first or something? There's not that much.....12 oz maybe........as I put most of the molds in a wood mold, this was just the extra.......

I wouldn't mind melting it down, and putting it into something flatter and making tester soaps....

Any suggestions?:grin2:

You could try melting it back down and spraying the molds with something like Pam and see if that helps next time. Or maybe you could try popping it in the freezer for a few minutes like we do when we are trying to get candles out of molds. :undecided Just look at this as your experiment and learning batch. I had the same thing happen to me but this was weeks after I poured some extra soap into a plastic individual mold. I forgot about it and then found it weeks later and that bugger still didn't want to come out. I ended up getting the soap out of the mold just by pushing on it and manipulating it until it finally came out. Good luck. :)