Holiday Matchboxes/Matchbooks

gmp

I was out shopping and saw some really nice match boxes with vintage Christmas scenes on them. They were about the size and shape of a deck of cards, (rather large) for $5. I tried to find some on-line wholesale, but could not. All I found were custom matchboxes, which I don't want. Does anyone know where I could find these? They were really pretty, and I thought they would make a nice addition to the candles for teacher gifts. Thanks!

A wholesale account of mine is doing matchbooks. She found hers from a printing company that just wanted to get rid of them. They are from Atlantic Match Co, Frankfort IL. (if you want to try the matchbook place) You could also call a few printing companies in your area and see if they have any leads. She is printing out cute little things off her computer with what looks like clear gloss sticker/label paper. (the really clear stuff I think) I know she sprays the top with something, I'm guessing the same stuff B&B people use to make the labels more water proof. Her place usually has that strong smell to it.

hth,

Karen B

Thanks for the idea. I can't believe how hard it is to find what I am looking for. I don't know that I'll have the time to make them myself, but perhaps looking at a local print shop may be the way to go, or fork over the $5 for the ones in the store, which were so nice. Thanks again!