Advice please on USA w/ Cargill C3 (ordering)

I've read a lot here, and see where it's recommended that USA added to C3 will help the wax behave a bit better.

I have yet, to order my wax or pour even one candle, so total noob here. LOL

I am trying to place orders first for anything I'm not getting locally, so I can give time for shipping, and will get wax next week some time.

JBN's soy additive's shipping, doesn't vary all that much and starts at about 8 dollars to ship ground to me, for the first pound of USA.

I plan on testing one candle at a time, and since I have to pay for the shipping once already for one pound to have on hand just in case, I'd like to ask the guru's here for advice on how much to order to have on hand should I need to use a Tablespoon per pound of C3, which JBN says their pound will do 35 pounds of soy.

Will this stuff degrade over time if I only need to use say 1/2 teaspoon per pound, and I buy like 3 pounds? If I'm buying 1 and there's a chance I do need it, it's cheaper to buy a few than to go back and pay the 8 dollars again on a new order, so figured it couldn't hurt to ask others what they think. :)

The USA varies from supplier to supplier. I have a couple different ones and I like them both...one being JBN's. A pound lasts me a really long time. One supplier I get it from recommends 1/2 tablespoon pp and a pound of USA is approx 35 tablespoons, but they also say you can go up to 12%. I use 2 tablespoons in 5# of C3...so it takes me about 75# of wax to use up 1 # of USA. My suggestion would be to try to buy it where you're already getting other supplies to help with shipping charges. HTH.

The woman I spoke to, assuming is was Laura, said their fragrances are all tested in soy. They won't even sell ones they haven't tested. I like that a lot.

Thanks for the tips and I'll be sure to post what scents I've tried and how I found them to be as well. :)

I can't wait to try this!!! I'm really excited!!! :)

The first thing I'm going to do is practice melting and pouring, without anything added at all. I'll take a stab at a wick I think might work. Going to use the premier wicks from Laura. Cotton braided.

One step at a time. I want to do this right. :)

If you look at the top of the General Candlemaking threads there are links for suppliers by state and I'm pretty sure that's where the newbie links are as well...they are very helpful with abbreviations and finding things you need. When I first started on this board, I printed out the abbreviations so I could tell what everyone was talking about...I was lost without it!:laugh2:

Hiya! New Here!

Umm... is JBN = Just By Nature?

I wanted to place an order for USA (besed on your recommendations), and wanted to make sure I have the right place.

Thanks! :wave: