Commercial Candle Co....

HeavenScentU

My DIL was scoping out the commercial candle co. like Scentsy, Salt City, Yankee, etc. they all stated their candle wax was vegetable based. When my DIL came back and told me that is what they told her. I just had to ask her if she asked them what vegetables were used??? Does anyone know? I would think if they were using soy they would mention it. If this is just a ploy then we need to call them on it and see if they are using carrots and celery. Sorry me bad.....:D

Ok after researching a bit it does state that petroleum can either be an animal or vegetation but it isn't fully determined by scientists so does that mean we can say paraffin is an animal/vegetable fossil product? I would hate to tell anyone that? It sounds gross to me. So what is the fuss about soy vs. paraffin? Let the customer determine which they like and not push one product as better than the other. I like both, but paraffin is still my favorite wax.

paraffin WAS a vegetable.

It's made from petroleum, and petroleum is made of fossil vegetables (trees).

Sorry.....but petroleum is NOT made from fossil vegetables...it's made from fossil FUELS which is the remains from dinosaur bones, and other decomposed organic materials. TREES are not vegetables either.....trees become peat when decomposed. Paraffin is made from the filtered remains of petroleum oil after it has been refined.