Crackled

dayglow

I think the process for the crackle is to start with a finished candle, but keep your wick long enough to hold the candle. You need to have boiling water & a bucket of ice water. You dip the candle in the boiling water for a few seconds & then submerge it in the ice water. Not sure how long or how many times ... if multiple dippings are even recommended.

Search Donita's posts. She's the one who presented this technique to the board.

dayglow...I have sent in the complete instructions for my method to the forum board. But here goes my 2 cents. I usually do it over my chunks....but it works well on other waxes too. Doesn't seem to work as well with a blend. I like straight paraffins for this. But you can try and maybe get larger cracks. Leave the wick longer than usual so you can hold it. Slowly lower it into a pot of 200 degree water, lift out, dip again, if doesn't look smooth do it again, quick shake to get the drips off of the bottom of the candle and immediately plunge it into a bucket of very very very icy water...with lots of ice cubes in it. Hold it down for a minute or two and you should be able to watch the cracks form. If you are interested in seeing some of my candles check out my website http://www.donitahoyer.com/

Hope this helps.....if you need further help please feel free to pm me. Donita