Pillar Questions

Ok ladies and gents of the pillar makign community, I have a question for you all. I am testing some pillars I made (my firsts). I am using OK6228, 24 flatbraid and a 3 x 3 3/4in mold. I made the candle to specs, and it came out ok. At least not bad for a first try. I have burned it 3 times already, each time for over 2 hours. I have a good melt pool, and it has dropped maybe 3/4 of an inch down. My question is I have about a 1/4 inch ring left on the outside. Should I wick up? Or is this an ok burn? It has great throw both hot and cold, so I have that part right... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :grin2:

I try to go 3 - 4 hrs on the first burn. Gives me a little better idea if the walls are gonna bulge. Sounds like you got a good burn going. And Alohas right, remember to hug it when you blow it out. Course, before all is said and done, I test anothr one, marathon burning, no hugging, no wick trimming, to see how it's do when John Q Public get thier hands on them :D

Thanx bunches.... you people are the greatest.... This is actually the 3rd burn, and so far I have burned it for a total of 8-10 hours, so I think I have it right... will just keep on keepin on... :D I am gonna do some more this weekend, so I will try to post some pics... thanx again:grin2: