Sorry 1 more question...

ccmak

My daughter has a craft fair in about a month. She wants to set up a little craft shop. I thought about the dipped bears, any other suggestions...Please no wicks! hehehe

Are dollar store bears ok to dip? I mean I know they only cost 1.00 what about quality do they still look OK?? I guess I will go and get a couple and dip them cant hurt! Well.... wont hurt me just the poor little bear!

I recently dipped my first critters- one of them being a penguin from the $store. It worked fine since it was 'shaggy' like. There was a bit of dye bleed from either his red ear muffs or orange feet, not sure. But minimal and I might have been able to prevent it by having my wax cooler, but being the first time I did it, I wanted all the time I could get to work with it. The other was a small jointed bear from Micheals that was about $1.50 or so. Worked wonderful. I'm feeling very lazy right now so I have not yet posted a pic... it doesn't help that my 'digital cam' (when hubby isn't home) is actually a big ol camcorder that takes a few digital pics. So it's a PIA to hook up and deal with... but I will soon post. Just not today probably, lol.

Sachet bags with kitty litty and fo, or the beads, etc are great and soooooo stinking easy to make. I like to do mine up extra nice though and add a rosette and ribbons to the tie. You can make them quite festive with a bit of sparkly ribbon. She could even use 3D glitter glue to decorate them. :yes: And then there are the fire starters made with potpourri or wood shavings and wax in a muffin paper or paper cup.