Container wax turning loose from jar

I was having the same problem with J50, even after heating the jars. I had DH build me a box out of foam insulation so the candles could cool faster and that seems to help. I think j50 is waaaayyyy different since IGI took over. I still like it though.

The stuff I use is a J50 "type" and it worked good a week or so ago but this weekend I have all kinds of problems. It turns loose from the jar, kzillion tiny air bubbles and then some big mondo air bubbles that you don't notice until they are cool, then you see swirls or "odd things" in the cool hard wax. I hit those with airgun and they have a huge bubble that floats out but they are all over the candle. Kind of like a bad case of zits! I just started a new slab so maybe I got a bad one. Never seen some of the things I been getting from this wax. At least it's not boring cause I don't know what the next candle will do. Ginger

I was having that problem with J50 also. Coming away from the jar and all kinds of air and wet spots, horrible looking candles, but great scent throw. I finally got so fed up I switched to GL 70/30. I put the two together and get a better looking candle with great throw. Wonder what happened!

What is your pour temp for your J-50? I use it as the base for my candles, but created my own blend, and have not seen any change.

You can't pour straight J-50 hot though, nothing above 150 degrees. When I used it straight, I poured at 145 into a warm jar, and never had a problem.

Fredron