Burn calculator question

I used the calculator on the site to try and determine the burn rate for my 16oz jars using C3. Is it normal for the time to be quite a bit higher when the candle is full vs when you get toward the bottom of the jar.

I had a high range in the 130's when the candle was new to a low near 70 as it approached the bottom of the jar. If this is normal, are you supposed to average the times or does the first indicate you're in the range of 100-120 for this size jar.

Thanks in advance.

It may burn faster as you get towards the bottom of the jar and change the estimate. Your initial results are probably the least accurate. The estimate will get better as you burn the candle down if you use the calculator in a certain way. To get the most accurate and up-to-date estimate, always enter the following:

Initial Weight - Always the original starting weight of the candle before you started burning it.

Duration of Test Burn - Use the total number of hours the candle burned since you started testing. Add up the length of all the test burns.

Final Weight - The current weight of the candle.

I think what you might have been doing is only entering the weights and hours for the latest test burn instead of figuring the cumulative results like I just described.