tilted/layered candles and scent

When you ladies make your tilted or layered candles do you use the same scent for the whole candle or at times do you use different scents?

I'm thinking of making a rustic 4x6 piller layered with a christmas theme scent...IE christmas cookie, cranberry chutney, and milled cider...

I know I know before i make the candle i'll need to test the smells together to mae sure it doesn't become a nasty spell.

Most of the time it's the same scent but quite often I pour leftovers together into a mold and keep for myself. There's nothing to say you can't do separate scents in the individual layers tho, as long as the scents are compatable like a layer of apple and a layer of cinnamon - those two would smell good when they melt together. Just have to test each scent individually to make sure the same wick will work in each.

Now I do have a couple pillars made with leftovers sitting here waiting to be burned - , 1) leftover chunks of strawberry, dragon's blood, egyptian dragon layered in the mold and overpoured with amber == the cold throw on this puppy smells goooood. 2)top layer is Lemon bisc, then redwood & cedar, then oakmoss and last layer is apple & oak.

Don't be afraid to experiment with your FOs - that 's how new blends are born.

post-450-139458437221_thumb.jpg