Forever Pillars

Just made my first forever pillar, as I only have the paraffin wax I use for my votives I used that, used a glass tealight holder and a tealight I had made. The wick is a zinc 34 - 40 that I've had for ages. The pillar is 3", rustic and I used 2 tbsp of stearic . When I tested it, a couple of ml of wax melted around the edge of the holder. I have a different tealight wick coming 28 - 24's. Does anyone know if these wicks will stop the pillar melting or am I using the wrong wax for the pillar. Or would micro hard help? :undecided

Thanks Steph, and there was me thinking it would be great not having to worry about wicking issues lol. Need to make these for my daughter she's a nightmare with candles and I'd hate to see her burn her house down, no matter how many times I tell her not to go to bed and leave them burning. Thought they would be ideal for her, she's just moved down to England and wanted to give her a nice house warming present, then decided what a great christmas pressie for my sister, mum and m-i-l. I shall continue to practise with these :)

Sarah, I've tried Forever pillars using pillar paraffin waxes and had the same results as you. I've had success using my hurricane wax and palm wax both of which have a higher melting point. When I have time I'm going back to experiment with additives in the pillar paraffin. Adding a micro wax to raise the melting point may work. I did make up a 4" diameter pillar for a friend to allow for that little bit of melting around the tea light cup.

Good Luck

I too love making forever pillars. I really hate wicking, because I have no luck getting them together. I have been using straight parafin 1343 wax with no additives, and have noticed no melting around the tea light glass. I am still testing but so far so good. :wink2: