Tart packaging/labeling question

Hello! I was wondering how y'all package/warning label your tarts. What i am doing now is...individually wrapping them....labeling the front with the scent...and back with the warning label...than puttin the tarts in a cello bag. Am i doing too much work LOL!?

I read on here somewhere that people just put the warning label on the cello bag and not indivudually? Any input is much appreciated :smiley2:

Jessica

When I dont do clamshells, I still label each one and make sure each has a warning. My reasoning is, if they share with a friend, say give one out of their sack to someone to try for themselves, I want that person to also have a warning label on theirs. Not saying either way is right or wrong, just how I look at it.

what kind of text are you putting on your warning labels?

I got this from either someone here or on the Bittercreek board who shared their wording...

CAUTION: Use only with a UL approved electric candle warmer on a stable heat-resistant surface. Do not cover, add water, or warm on stove. Wax and container can get very hot; do not touch or move container or warmer until completely cooled. Contains fragrance oils that can be toxic if ingested. Keep candle, cord, and unit out of reach of children and pets. Do not pour wax down the drain because it can clog pipes. Never leave melting candle unattended!

thanks! I have been thinking about adding these to my line as it is a better way of using up my extra wax after making a candle.

I have been making a random mystery layer candle out of all the leftovers but I feel the melts might work out better.

I make melts but I have also just used some extra wax to make melts to just keep for myself and use. In fact, I have some of Berts christmas pear melting right now and the house smells heavenly!

I make melts but I have also just used some extra wax to make melts to just keep for myself and use. In fact, I have some of Berts christmas pear melting right now and the house smells heavenly!

if u dont mind me asking, what wax do you use for your melts?

I got this from either someone here or on the Bittercreek board who shared their wording...

CAUTION: Use only with a UL approved electric candle warmer on a stable heat-resistant surface. Do not cover, add water, or warm on stove. Wax and container can get very hot; do not touch or move container or warmer until completely cooled. Contains fragrance oils that can be toxic if ingested. Keep candle, cord, and unit out of reach of children and pets. Do not pour wax down the drain because it can clog pipes. Never leave melting candle unattended!

GREAT warning label! Only thing I would add is not to warm/melt the wax in a microwave. :D

GREAT warning label! Only thing I would add is not to warm/melt the wax in a microwave. :D

I was excited when she shared that warning, I never could get the wording right for mine. And yeah, sad to say you might have to add microwave to it huh? lol. I swear we need to print a small book for a warning anymore

• 2 months later...
I shrink wrap each of my tarts then put them in a polypro bag with a label with the scent name on the front and then a warning label on the back. Shrink wrapping and then a polypro bag is probably overkill but oh well lol:p

Bumping an old thread - what size shrink wrap do you use for your tarts? Is there a bag that's the right size? Do you just cut sheets of shrink wrap to fit? I'm debating going that route with packaging my tarts, and I'm just not sure where to start. Thanks! :grin2:

ETA: And can I just use a heat gun with the shrink wrap, or do I need special equipment?

Bumping an old thread - what size shrink wrap do you use for your tarts? Is there a bag that's the right size? Do you just cut sheets of shrink wrap to fit? I'm debating going that route with packaging my tarts, and I'm just not sure where to start. Thanks! :grin2:

ETA: And can I just use a heat gun with the shrink wrap, or do I need special equipment?

When I use to shrink wrap my tarts I just bought it by the roll...but it was sucha pain in the butt i decided against shrinking wraping and I am now using a different method lol...but i know they do have bags....ive seen them all sizes....you can use a heat gun too...i did use my hair dryer tho LOL. Hope that helps you some! Jessica