Remelting Question???

I used to use the oven... till I was cruising the craft store looking for a gift for my nephew a saw a candle making kit that came with microwave instructions for the wax. At first I was shocked but then I gave it a whirl..

Anyway, I use C3 wax too and have quite successfully stuck my glass containers in the microwave to remelt then. I just set the power level very low (like level 4) and set the time to 45 seconds (per container being melted) and start and re-start (level 4 for 45 sec) until they are 85 percent melted than I ignore them for two or so minutes and let the heat generated finish the melting. (I also wear a glove in case the container is hot)

Once I dump the wax I pull out the wick, clean the glass and then reuse it.

I have yet to heat them too much or to even burn off the fo's in them (sometimes I melt the candle to transfer it to a different container)... It is an alternative if you want it.

I don't use the oven anymore - FO lingers and I swear my food taste like it.

I would stay away from the microwave - just a personal suggestion.

I have a griddle (pancake griddle). I used to keep it on (low temps) to warm my jars when I was working in a chili room and also put candles on their to remelt them.

I do not advise using microwaves for candlemaking unless you are using a temperature probe that measures the temp in the container.

The safest way to melt wax down inside a glass container is to place it in a pan of water and heat SLOWLY until it is melted. I don't have that much patience though...

I would dig it out and remelt the wax. :)

Thanks so much for all of your suggestions! I don't have a microwave, and being that I am a perfectionist about the food I cook Misbizzyb's comment about the FO lingering scated me! :shocked2: I love the griddle idea! Never thought of that! Also, I guess I could pull out the double boiler. Anyway, thanks to all! Now, off to melt!!!:wink2:

Mary <><

Candle warmer works for me, that is usually after i dig out the bulk of the wax

Thanks to all for the tips! Just one more question; would I just use a spoon to dig out the wax? I mean, seems like it might be kinda hard to dig that out, ya know? Thanks again!

Mary <><