Maximum amount of candles per day?

ubure

I'm interested in how many candles you are able to produce per day, especially pillars. Do you have masses of molds or special techniques?

If you have larger orders what delivery time do you need?

Thanks for your help, I need to calculate again and would appreciate some data for comparison - Thank you!!

I have a lot of pillar molds, and generally pour 60-80 pillars at a time/per day. I unmold/package the next day so whenever I make pillars, it's automatically a two day process.

I generally tell my wholesale accounts that I ship/deliver within 2 weeks, and try to be early but sometimes I need that whole two weeks.

I have a lot of pillar molds, and generally pour 60-80 pillars at a time/per day. I unmold/package the next day so whenever I make pillars, it's automatically a two day process.

I generally tell my wholesale accounts that I ship/deliver within 2 weeks, and try to be early but sometimes I need that whole two weeks.

I can tell you that Trish's pillars are well worth the wait!!

It only have 8 molds and I can make 24 candles a day. But I get up at 5 am and go to bed at 11 pm. And I can actually take my candles out of the molds in about 5-6 hours after they are poured.

Now jar candles that is a totally different story. I can do about 300 a day if need be. Than the next day is labeling for the previous days work. I always have at least 150 candles on hand and at least 300 during the holiday season.

The only thing I can say that I do that is special is make sure I have everything ready before I start making candles. Once I start I hate looking for stuff that I need.

you can speed them up sometimes by putting them in the freezer for cooling(just keep an eye on them)

when I really get going and I need a mold open again that is what I do

PLEASE do not try this if you are making soy or soy/p.w pillars they will crack & spoil all your hard work.

Sally.

Thank you all for your input - I see what I''ll have to do now - buying tons of molds. :rolleyes2

Sally, I DID try this, and HAD cracks - but the candles looked nice anyway - but I promise I won't do it again.

BTW: have the new samples now (from the other palm manufacturer) - it seems everything will be alright and all of you will have the kind of palm they want to have without paying horrid sums.:smiley2:

Loren, I'd need some pillar mold custom made, because this customer want to have a special head form of the pillars - could you help me in this matter?

LOL, glad they came out ok Inez, I've had one crack completely in half before so I've learned to be a bit more patient.

Sometimes I do put a pillar out on the window sill for a few minutes but only if I think it's already cooled enough & I need the mould.

It's getting colder here now but not quite freezing tho so I don't get the cracks.

Good news about the palm wax!!!!!

Sally.

I know you said ESPECIALLY PILLARS...but if you are making jar candles too, I thoght I would chime in.:cheesy2:

I am currently working on a huge Fund Raiser with 9oz hex jars and the most we have poured has been 83 cases in a day. Thats 996 candles. We use a turk n surf to melt the wax.

What are you using to melt your wax? Presto pot? Wax Melter? Turk n surf? That may be a big factor in some peoples production. To me, this would be true if you were making pillars or jars. If you can keep the wax melted and a free mold or jar...you are golden.

I agree with Kimberly about the Turk n Surf. I have one for container wax and one for pillar wax and I constantly keep those things full. It definitely helps to speed up the process or allow you to more at a time. I think I'm going to look for a couple more when they start going on clearance again!

Yes, you are absolutely right about always having molten wax and ready molds and jars!

I'm using a big pot which is used here in Germany for preserving canned fruit or making fruit juice. People also use it for keeping mulled wine warm at our xmas fairs.

It has a capacity of 27 litres. Yesterday my sister and I tried to figure out what would the better way for a really large order: machines or having enough melters and some good workers - we decided that the melters + workers are if you don't have enough money to invest in machines. Maybe somebody of my friends is able to build a small manual pouring station.

AND: I have to tidy up my workshop - it's really quite a big room, but most of the time there's only place for me and nobody else (in fact, nobody else would want to work in such a mess, but each time I tidy up it only lasts until I start working again:confused: ).

Okay, here's a pic of my melter:

post-4264-139458436878_thumb.jpg