Candle Dye Question

I make wax melts wickless tins and jars and now I am working on wicked candles. I have seen some really brite colored candles. Like very brite pinks ans blues ect. They almost look neon colored. Were does everyone get there wax coloring from and what kind do you use to get those cool colors. Right now I use the peaks liquid candle dyes and they don't look that bright like some of the cool candles I have seen. Any help would be greatly appracited. Regina :cheesy2:

We can't see what you saw so I don't know. They might have been made with regular dyes like you already have. There are actual neon colors but I think they're generally pigments rather than dyes, so they clog the wick. Generally they wouldn't be used except maybe as a dip.

Some colors get more intense rather than darker as you increase the amount of dye. It also depends on how translucent the wax is. A translucent wax with just a small amount of dye can have a glow to it, or an opaque wax with a lot of dye can make bright colors. Generally straight paraffin has the translucent look and waxes that are pre-blended with additives have a more opaque look (J-223 for instance). Soy wax is extra opaque and gets you a more pastel look unless you use a fair amount more dye.

If you like buying from Peak, they have a selection of waxes that can get you any look you want. I think those liquid dyes are probably all you need for now.

We can't see what you saw so I don't know. They might have been made with regular dyes like you already have. There are actual neon colors but I think they're generally pigments rather than dyes, so they clog the wick. Generally they wouldn't be used except maybe as a dip.

Some colors get more intense rather than darker as you increase the amount of dye. It also depends on how translucent the wax is. A translucent wax with just a small amount of dye can have a glow to it, or an opaque wax with a lot of dye can make bright colors. Generally straight paraffin has the translucent look and waxes that are pre-blended with additives have a more opaque look (J-223 for instance). Soy wax is extra opaque and gets you a more pastel look unless you use a fair amount more dye.

If you like buying from Peak, they have a selection of waxes that can get you any look you want. I think those liquid dyes are probably all you need for now.

Hi thanks for the helpful info Regina :cheesy2: