small flame

Did you use 1.5 oz of FO to 4.5 oz of wax? That is a lot of FO way too much for such little wax. Stick with 1 oz per lb of FO so for 4.5 oz of wax .3 to at most .4 oz of FO.

Also can I ask is that how much the supplier told you to use of UV? I'm kind of shocked because I only need to use 1/8 of a tsp per lb of wax. A very, very small amount.

Yes sometimes if the wick flame starts to get small and drown out you need to wick up but you can use too much FO and not get a good candle too.

HTH,

Karen B

Did you use 1.5 oz of FO to 4.5 oz of wax?

Karen B

I thought about how i wrote it after i logged off. No, i used 1.5 oz of FO pp of wax. I could see how that would freak people out. That may be why you are the only one to reply.

The jar that my uv inhibitor is in says to use 1/2 tsp pp of wax. Again, another typo. I only use 1/2 tsp. My keyboard buttons stick sometimes, but i usually catch it. I guess that's what i get for being in a hurry while posting.

I use this FO with 4630 wax at 1 oz to 1 lb. of wax. The throw is so strong it knocks me out of the house and my customer loves it. I find the lx works well in this combination although I use a different size jar. I would suggest cutting back on the FO as this one is very strong. Just my opinion. HTH.

I started with 1 oz pp and i didn't feel it wsa strong enough so i asked a couple of my customer's opinions and they didn't think it was strong enough either. I went up to 1.5 oz pp and i am happy with the hot and cold throw now. I just wicked up and the flame is much better. Thank you for all of your suggestions. I appreciate it.