Adding to pre-blend & wicking ?

Okay, I tried searching for this but theres a gazillion posts w/ vybar :undecided and I can't find the answer Im looking for so I beg mercy on the wicking gurus:grin2: I know I should know this but..... if you added vybar or paraffin to make a pre-blend wax harder how differently would the same wick burn? Im getting weak flames w/ a variety of wicks & wicking up & down isn't working. They mainly get that way when it hits a full mp so Im trying to slow down the burn. Does this make sense? Or am I way off base? Hoping someone can help before I turn into the mad scientist w/ blending :tongue2:

I'm not sure I understand what the question in there was :D

However, you do not want to add vybar to a pre-blend. Too much will lock up the scent. How would adding paraffin to a pre-blend make it harder?

If the wicks you're using are drowning, meaning just barely burning, why do you want to slow down the burn even more?

I think I'm really confused now...lol

Not sure if you're trying to hardned up a container wax but if you are, paraffin will help and/or stearic. Nix the vybar because the preblended wax probably already has vybar in it and you're going to bind up your scent.