Same Scent?? CB, debscent???

Sharon in PA

I think they're different too ... Winter Blast is like a sophisticated Snowy Pine, it's more upscale to me. I agree with Deb. Winter Blast has a more pronounced ozone note ... Snowy Pine is more vanilla piney ... hope that makes sense.

I have TN's Christmas Splendor on my list too Deb. Which reminds me, I just test burned TN's Mulberry Spice ... 8% in our FH 50/50 soy blend, 8oz mason jar with a CD 10 ... sorry to say, the hot throw was weak. This has been happening to me alot lately, I've been getting some poor test results.

I talked to Sheri about it, and she thinks that CD's do not burn hot enough. She suggested trying zinc wicks, that's what she uses, & she swears by them. Sheri said they burn hotter than CD's. How are CD's working for both of you?

Any wick suggestions from other soy blend users? I'd really appreciate any input. TIA.

CB, I started out using zinc's w/ the C&S 1275, and had little to no hot throw, without like a WAY long cure, which was unacceptable to me...after researching wicks, I learned that CD's burn hotter than zincs, and decided to try them. Besides mushrooms, which I DO hate, I have to say, I've never looked back.

I am thinking, however, that in the off season, I MAY try out the LX series. See if I can get less mushrooming. :confused: But, on the whole, I am more than satisfied w/ the CD's. If I can't get a throw w/ them in my wax, I chalk it up to a scent that's just not going to co-operate with my formula, and that's that.

I use zinc in my 9 oz. hex jars that I do for fundraisers, in my 10 ounce salsa jar I use paper core and in my 6 oz. tins I use CD 8. I don't like CDs in my votives though, I've been using zinc (and I hate the damn mushroom).

And Sherri has always promoted the zinc wicks for this wax and you've seen her shop and how many candles she makes...she's doing something right.

I feel just like Sharon...I have tried every wick that I know of except zinc...

and I always go back to Cd wicks...I have finally came to the point if a FO dosn't work in my 100% I just go on to the next FO.

I also have tested alot lately that does not throw well...or I just don't

care from them..

I feel just like Sharon...I have tried every wick that I know of except zinc...

and I always go back to Cd wicks...I have finally came to the point if a FO dosn't work in my 100% I just go on to the next FO.

I also have tested alot lately that does not throw well...or I just don't

care from them..

Yes, I am definately in a place of "if it aint broke, don't fix it". I have been testing in a few new jars lately, and am not thrilled w/ the soot I am seeing during some longer burns (which I KNOW some of my customers do) and the only thing I am toying with trying is maybe going natural...but ya know what? I swear, when I am pouring a lot of different scents, the color in the pot keeps me straight! (I do most of my pouring late at night...the old brain needs all the help it can get! lol! :rolleyes2 )

I just did a quick look-up about LX wicks and it doesn't sound like they soot/mushroom any less than CD's!

Thanks ladies for trying to help me out. I think I'll finish up the year using my CD's, then after the holidays, I'll do some testing. I've been looking at the wick kits at Candle Science ... maybe I'll try the Eco and/or the CSN kit.

By the way, CS's new scent of the week is Spiced Wassail ... sounds great, doesn't it? *super banana*

Thanks ladies for trying to help me out. I think I'll finish up the year using my CD's, then after the holidays, I'll do some testing. I've been looking at the wick kits at Candle Science ... maybe I'll try the Eco and/or the CSN kit.

By the way, CS's new scent of the week is Spiced Wassail ... sounds great, doesn't it? *super banana*

Damn!!! I was looking for a wassail scent from a brand name candle maker, I hope this is it. I LOVED it. Candle burned like crap, but great scent.

So, Sharon & CB...after the holidays/busy season, we should get together to compare notes, and hell, have a martini or two or 6.