which wax throws the best: spy,paraffin/ro

or soy paraffin blends?

I am making wickless in 6 or 8 oz tins (haven't decided yet) and I was wondering which throws the best.

I seem to keep reading that paraffin throws the best.

Thanks so much and I am rally sorry to keep being such a pain!

Jenn A

Best bet is to get samples of each wax and try it for yourself. It's you who has to be pleased with the product your producing. What works for one person may not work for the next. It's what makes testing so much fun ;)

That's what I'll do.I already have both of KY's container waxes ordered.I guess I was just wondering if it would worth it to order some more.

Shipping kills me! Thank goodness I am going to be picking up my KY Candle order.

Have a great day!

Jenn A

I'd sample first and then decide what mix or type of wax I wanted to use. That way you don't have a lot invested that you may not be able to get rid of through the classifieds. It's that shipping on wax that stings a lot of pocketbooks sometimes :)

It sure does!

By sample do you mean the 11 lb slabs?

Those are what I am getting Friday.I just couldn't get the whole 55 lb without knowing!

I hear the J223 is really good too.

Thanks again,

Jenn A

Some companies offer a couple pounds to sample, like 3-5 lbs if you just pay the shipping. If you ordered 11 lb slabs, you would certainly have enough to experiment with :)

Thanks,just checking :)

I still haven't been able to find the co's that will ship you 3-5lbs!

I went to early american candle but couldn't find where to order samples.

I did email them,hopefully I will hear something back soon.

Jenn A

The only way that I have ever received a wax sample is through the wax manufacturing company itself........IGI, Astrolite (now IGI), etc.

I have heard others getting samples from suppliers but I personally havent found those suppliers yet. :undecided

HTH - Pam

Ohhhh,thanks so much Pam :)

Jenn A