Samples

MochaMama

Hi all:

Finally got off my tuchus and got to work. I have tons of scents, but am having a hard time narrowing them down. So, I got the bright idea (but have kept it to myself so far) to offer sniffies of each scent (maybe 10 or so, I'm not that crazy- I have over 50 scents here :grin2: ) and do a custom made thingie for my whipped butter.

I could do one of two things - make 10 tiny samples (about 1 tsp) of whipped shea and scent each with 1 drop of scent) or 2) dampen a bit of tissue with the scent and put them in those plastic vials where folks could sniff.

What do you do?

I don't sell that product but something down that line. I have 2 oz sampler containers that I use as samplers for people to try. You could use a much smaller container, but 1 tsp. sounds like hardly enough for them to get a good feel of the product. I would reccomend also using the little dixie cups or condiment cups witha plastic lid usually bought at a resturant supply place (there was just recently a thread on here somewhere with link where to buy them).

I think the little scented tissue is okay when they are asking to smell something that you don't normally make, but I think that is too unprofession to do that for all your fragrances.

And one other thing, I would mixed all the samplers individually. I would make a very small amount I don't know what size container you sell in, but maybe one container, where you can properly measure the fo,then divide it into your sampler container, then you may have several samplers of the same size. Then if your samplers are small enough and your containers are disposable you can sometimes just give a sampler to someone to try and get them hooked on your product.

JMO

HTH